Admont Abbey library.
The library hall, built in the Rococo style in 1776 to designs by the architect Joseph Hueber, is 70 metres long, 14 metres wide and 13 metres high, and is the largest monastery library in the world. It contains c. 70,000 volumes of the monastery’s entire holdings of c. 200,000 volumes, including 1,400 manuscripts and 530 incunabula. The ceiling consists of seven cupolas, decorated with frescoes by Bartolomeo Altomonte. Light is provided by 48 windows and is reflected by the original colour scheme of gold and white.
Admont Abbey is a Benedictine monastery located in the town of Admont, Austria. It was founded in 1074
and is the oldest remaining monastery in Styria. In addition to the library, it contains
also a long-established scientific collection. On April 27, 1865, a disastrous fire destroyed almost the entire monastery.
Reconstruction began the following year but was still not complete by 1890.
While the monastic archives burned, the library could be salvaged. (wiki)